1/20/10


By George -- Huskies Snap Skid, 75-59

A Jerome Dyson led Husky squad ended a three-game losing streak with a at times convincing 75-59 win over St. John's before 14,200 in Hartford. Stanley Robinson had 18 points (nine rebounds) and Kemba Walker added 17 points with six assists for UConn (now 12-6, 3-3 Big East), coached by Associate Head Coach George Blaney. The Johnnies (12-6, 2-4) were led by D.J. Kennedy's 19 points.

Blaney on Calhoun's timetable, "Jim and I have always kidded that I'm on a day-to-day contract anyway. I'm not a big history guy and I'm not a big future guy. I'm really a guy who tries to spend with what we have to do today. That's always the way I've coached. That's always the way I've approached the game. I think the game is that - it's what it is today. Who are we playing today, how are we going to play and who is going to win."


Notes:
  • Uconn continued their recent success at home, the team is 11-1 at home this season and 41-4 at home in the last three years.
  • The Huskies avoided their first four-game losing streak since it closed the 2006-07 season with four consecutive defeats.
  • There is no timetable set for Calhoun's return from his illness, he most likely will not be back when the Huskies host Texas in Storrs on Saturday.

1 comments:

Great couple games by dyson. That game yesterday was awesome hey!

Brian said...
January 24, 2010 at 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment